Winter still has us in its grip, but that big spring deadline is already looming: tax time! You've already gotten your W2s and 1099s; why not get started filing with some help from the Naperville Public Library? The sooner you get started, the sooner you're done (and spring is here)!
Come visit any NPL location for hard copies of basic tax forms, and consult our tax information page for helpful links – including the nearest locations of personal tax assistance.
- For low-income families or workers earning less than $49,000 per year, the Notre Dame Club of Greater Chicago is offering volunteer assistance at Nichols Library on Saturdays in the month of March. On March 1, 8, 22 & 29, visit the Community Room between 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. for help on a first-come, first-served basis. Please bring ID, your 2013 W2s and 1099s, and your 2012 tax return.
- For taxpayers over 60, the Naperville Park District is offering free assistance at the Riverwalk Community Center on Mondays and Wednesdays between February 5 and April 9 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:45 p.m. This service is by appointment only. Please call (630) 848-3613 ahead of time. Homebound taxpayers can also call this number for a visit by a counselor.
Some other things to keep in mind when visiting the Library with tax questions:
- Federal 1040 forms have just arrived;
- Illinois 1040 forms are still on the way;
- 1099 Misc. forms are available at Nichols Library;
- PDF copies of tax forms are available on the IRS Web site;
- Nichols Library has reproducible tax forms.
It is worth calling ahead to check that your Library of choice has the forms you're looking for, since each Library received different forms in different quantities. For this and any further questions, please ask for one of our Adult Services departments at (630) 961-4100. We'll get you started and back into your spring reveries!