We are all a little bit Irish in March! How much do you know about leprechauns, the famous mascot of St. Patrick's Day?
1. Who invented leprechauns, General Mills or Walt Disney?
2. What do leprechauns do for a living?
3. How big is a leprechaun?
4. Where do leprechauns live?
5. What are leprechauns doing when they "leap?"
6. How much gold is in a leprechaun's pot at the end of the rainbow?
7. According to Gaelic tradition, what color suit do leprechauns wear?
8. Are there girl leprechauns?
9. What do leprechauns eat?
10. How can you steal the money from the leprechaun's pot of gold?
1. Neither. The mascot of Lucky Charms cereal is the cartoon character "Lucky." Leprechauns were featured in Disney's 1959 movie, "Darby O'Gill and
the Little People.
2. They are shoemakers (cobblers).
3. About 3 feet tall.
4. They live in the forests, hidden from view.
5. They are doing an Irish jig.
6. One gold coin for every year of their life.
9. Mushrooms, nuts and wildflowers.
10. You must capture the leprechaun, and stare at him until you get all the coins out of the pot.
If you answered all questions correctly, kiss yourself! You're Irish! Happy St. Patrick's Day.