Looking for a fun and easy holiday project for the whole family? These cinnamon-scented ornaments will fill both your home and your family with the holiday sprit!
Things You'll Need:
1 cup ground cinnamon
1 tbsp. ground nutmeg
1 tbsp. cloves
1 Medium mixing bowl
2 tbsp. white craft glue
3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
Ribbon, yarn, or raffia
1. Combine cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves in a mixing bowl. Stir in white craft glue and unsweetened applesauce.
2. Mix the dough with your hands until ingredients are thoroughly incorporated and the dough is smooth.
3. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
4. Sprinkle some cinnamon on your work surface and rolling pin. Roll the dough to 1/4" thickness. Use cookie cutters to cut desired shapes.
5. Make a hole through the top of each ornament with the plastic straw.
6. Place the ornaments on a wire rack and let them air dry for several days. (Or, for a delicious- smelling house, bake them at 175 degrees for 2-3 hours).
7. String the dry ornaments with ribbon, yarn, or raffia.
Let the holidays begin!