Let's face it, there is snow piled up everywhere! I've heard that we've had over 54 days of snow this winter. That's a lot of snow and combined with the frigid temperatures all of the snow has been hanging around and piling up. Sledding is great! I am sure there has been a lot of sledding and skiing going on this winter. A few snowman have moved into my neighborhood and I've seen a snow fort or two, and I am pretty sure my penguins aren't going anywhere for a while.
So how else can we play with all of this snow?
- I have seen many 'pins' on Pinterest for snow candy making just like Laura and Mary Ingalls made in Little House in the Big Woods.
- You can bring some snow indoors in a large tub and create a small igloo or condo for your action figures.
- Grab a few friends and play Fox and Geese.
- Make snowcones with freshly fallen snow.
- Stay warm and dry indoors while making mini snowmen in a tub of snow.
- Use snow as a canvas and paint the snow using watercolor paints or squirt bottles and spray bottles filled with colored water.
- Play Tic Tac Toe in the snow by drawing the grid and using sticks and pinecones in place of X's and O's.
These are just a few ideas to get you started. So how do you play in the snow?