Health information plus the AMA Doctor Finder.
- You can find a specialist in your area using the Doctor Finder feature.
Nonprofit Consumers' CHECKBOOK can help you find the best-rated doctors, auto repair shops, plumbers, veterinarians, banks, dentists, carpet cleaners ... and much more. CHECKBOOK will tell you which Chicago Area service providers and retailers rated best and worst for quality and price. CHECKBOOK is an independent, nonprofit, no-advertising consumer authority.
CHECKBOOK's special health guides provide you with critical ratings and reports on doctors and hospitals.
The Culinary Arts collection includes major cooking and nutrition magazines, culinary journals and several Delmar Reference titles. Coverage includes thousands of searchable recipes, restaurant reviews, and industry information.
Databases Available: ArticleFirst, ClasePeriodica, ECO, ECO_FT, ERIC, Ebooks, GPO, IllinoisCatalog, MEDLINE, OAIster, PapersFirst, Proceedings, WorldAlmanac, WorldCat and WorldCatDissertations.
Information about medicine, medications, wellness, and alternative therapies from full-text journals and reference sources.
- Find peer-reviewed journal articles on the latest developments in diabetes care.
The National Library of Medicine's health and medicine database for consumers, including news, health topics, information on drugs and supplements, and other resources.
- You can find diagrams and other helpful information about knee replacement surgery.
Current information about medical disorders, including symptoms, diagnosis, prevention, and treatment.
- You can get an anatomical drawing of the human skull and its features.
The full-text of many literature reference books can be found here including Drama for Students, Novels for Students, Poetry for Students, Shakespeare for Students, and Short Stories for Students.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library contains full-text entries from the Encyclopedia of World Biography, as well as many other reference resources.