A one-stop source for news and periodical articles on a wide range of topics: business, computers, current events, economics, education, environmental issues, health care, hobbies, humanities, law, literature and art, politics, science, social science, sports, technology, and many general interest topics. Millions of full-text articles, many with images. Updated daily.
Authoritative international business and legal news and information, plus detailed company reports including SEC filings and other financial information.
- You can read actual Supreme Court opinions, such as the Plessy v. Ferguson civil rights case of 1896.
The National Geographic Magazine Archive from 1888, provides full-text searching of every article of the world’s most recognized magazine from its first publication in 1888. This comprehensive archive is an essential tool for researchers of all ages for the study of science, nature, geography and much more.
· You can find any photograph, map, and article published by NG; a perfect complement to a school project or just to explore a new interest.
Access to full-text International, national, and regional newspapers as far back as 1977.
- You can conduct customized searches on genealogy, history, and student resources.
The full-text of many literature reference books can be found here including Drama for Students, Novels for Students, Poetry for Students, Shakespeare for Students, and Short Stories for Students.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library contains full-text entries from the Encyclopedia of World Biography, as well as many other reference resources.
Viewpoint essays, articles, statistics, primary documents, and other reference sources on social issues.
- You can read opinion essays about the big political and social issues of the day.
News articles and information dating back to 1940, with primary sources and timelines. Includes the World Almanac and World Almanac Encyclopedia.
- You can read the text of Roosevelt’s war message following the Pearl Harbor attack.