Welcome to the Idea Lab
Location: 95th Street Library
Preserve memories through digitization of photos, VHS tapes, LPs, and cassettes. Use state of the art equipment and software for 3D scanning and printing, programming and website development, podcast and video creation using cameras, green screen and microphones.
Library staff members are available for One-on-One Technology sessions, Idea Lab Drop-in sessions, as well as structured classes listed in the program guides.
Idea Lab is available for Naperville Public Library Cardholders, North Central College Students and High School Students of School Districts 203 and 204.
Drop-in sessions are available in the Idea Lab. Times are specified on the white board in the Idea Lab or you can call the Computer Lab desk at 630-961-4100 x4990.
Please note: Due to high demand, 3D printing may take longer than usual.
What can I do in the Idea Lab?
- Use our 3-D scanner to scan in an item and use our design software to modify the image.
- Print a 3-D object of your own design or existing online designs.
Submit this form to request a print job.
- Convert your VHS tapes, DVD's, vinyl records and cassette tapes into digital files and archive your family history.
- Use Adobe Premiere Elements to edit and enhance your videos.
- Create and play music using GarageBand.
- Use Adobe Creative Suite to design web pages, create digital art, and so much more!
- Check out our Wacom Bamboo tablet to draw cartoons or create art.
- Use ScanSnap to quickly convert multiple photos into digital format.
- Convert your slides and negatives into digital format and preserve your memories.
- Use Adobe Photoshop Elements to organize, document, and enhance your photos.
- Program in Java, C++, Visual Basic, Scratch and more!
- Create podcasts using our professional microphone.
- Check out our Green Screen to enhance your business video.
…and share it all with your family, friends, and more.