The World's Largest Online Newsstand
Zinio allows you to stream or download full color, cover-to-cover digital issues of magazines both current and back issues.
Checkout and read magazines on your computer (PC or Mac) or on your portable Internet-enabled device (iPhone, iPad, Android, Kindle Fire/HD, Win 8, Blackberry Playbook, or Nook HD/HD+).
- No Holds
- No Due Dates
- No Limits on Quantities
You need two Zinio accounts!
1. A NPL Zinio collection account to browse the library’s magazine collection and to check out free titles.
2. A Zinio.com account to read magazines online or to download magazines to a Zinio Reader app.
Use your NPL Zinio collection account to find free magazines and checkout ! DO NOT use the Zinio Reader app or the Zinio.com website to browse and subscribe since that content is not part of the library’s collection. Zinio.com is a commercial site, and it is possible to purchase magazine subscriptions there.
NPL Zinio Collection Account
a. Go to NPL’s Zinio Collection
b. In the upper right corner, click on Create New Account or on Log in:
Browse and Checkout
- Browse or search for the magazine you want. Select the issue you want, either the current issue or a back issue
- Click Checkout
- Select Keep Browsing or Start Reading
- A new browser window will open at Zinio.com
- Create a Zinio Account using the same email and password combination you used for the NPL Zinio Collection account. (The email address will automatically fill.)
- If you already have a Zinio Account, log in to Zinio.com.
- At Zinio.com, you will see Your Reading List – a list of all the magazines you have checked out. You can click on any magazine cover to read it.
- To manage email communications from Zinio, click the Gear icon and chose Account Settings. In the left hand column, select Preferences. You can then customize what email Zinio sends you.
Magazines can be streamed while online from a PC or Mac, just go to your Zinio.com account and click on the magazine you want to read. Use the navigation tool bar across the bottom to view the magazine.
To read from a mobile device, the magazine must be downloaded to an app and read offline. Use your Zinio.com account login to register the app on your device. Free apps can be found in the app stores for iPhone, iPad, Android, Win 8, and Blackberry. Kindle Fire/HD and Nook HD/HD+ need to download the app from the NPL Zinio Collection page.
The Zinio Reader app can only be used to read magazines. Browsing and checking out magazines must be done using a web browser on a computer or mobile device.
Magazines can be downloaded for offline viewing to PCs and Macs as well as iPhone, iPad, Android, Kindle Fire/HD, Win 8, Blackberry Playbook, and Nook HD/HD+ mobile devices.