Availability & Rates
Do I rent the meeting room rental in blocks of hours?
Yes. You can rent meeting rooms in three separate time blocks: Morning 9-12:30; Afternoon 1-4:30; Evening 5-8:30. You can rent consecutive timeslots at a discounted rate of 50% of the initial timeslot. Note: The full fee applies to all or any part of a time-slot.
What are the rental fees of the meeting rooms?
|Meeting Room||For Profit ||Non-Profit||Kitchen/Food Service|
|Nichols Community Room*||$140||$70||$30|
|Naper Blvd. Program Room||$80||$40||Coffee pot only $20|
|Naper Blvd. Conference Room||$50||$25||Food Not Allowed|
|95th Street, Room A/B||$150||$75||$30|
|95th Street, Room A||$80||$40||$30|
|95th Street, Room B||$80||$40||$30|
|95th Street, Room C||$80||$40||$30|
|Non-Resident Registered Reciprocal Borrowers||Add $10||Add $10|
* Nichols Library Community Room is not available on Sundays.
What else can I rent?
The Library has the following available for use for an additional fee.
|Piano & Audio/Video Equipment Rental || Cost |
|Piano (95th Street Library)||$30|
|Portable Overhead Projector for transparencies||$25|
|Portable LCD Projector with Renter’s PC||$25|
|Portable Video or DVD Player for TV or Screen||$25|
|Slide Projector (Nichols Library Only)||$25|
|Speaker System-Corded or Wireless Microphone (Nichols Library and 95th Street Library only)||$25|
|Built-In Overhead LCD Projector for Use with DVD Player Video Player or the Renter’s PC (Nichols Library and 95th Street Library only)||$25|
Find Out More About Fees:
- Nonprofit groups may be required to provide proof of tax-exempt status, a certificate of good standing from the State of Illinois, Department of Business Services, or other validation documentation.
- The basic meeting room fee includes the setup and dismantling of chairs and tables, speaker’s podium excluding microphone, dry erase board, and screen, if requested. Only Library-provided tables and chairs may be used.
- Requests for equipment must be made at the time of application. Requests for equipment on the day of the event may incur a fee in addition to the rental fee.
- Requests for minor changes to the setup or special needs desired on the day of the event should be directed to the Person-in-Charge (PIC).
- With prior arrangements Information Technology staff will assist with initial equipment connections. The Library’s staff will not be present to operate equipment for meetings and programs.
- Practice sessions for the piano or any equipment, including instructions, will require separate room booking and the corresponding fee(s)
- Groups using amplified music at the 95th Street Library must reserve and pay for both segments of Room A/B.
- Any costs for special cleanup or equipment repairs incurred by the Library may be charged to the applicant.