The computer labs at the Naperville Public Library have a wide variety of software to do everything from working on a letter to scanning photos to playing videos. Each PC is loaded with Windows 7, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Microsoft Office Suite 2013, and additional software. We also have Macs available at each location. Check out what we have to offer.
Some of the software listed below is only available on certain computers. To find out which stations have the software you're looking for, ask at the Computer Lab desks and we'll be happy to point you in the right direction.
This suite consists of applications for word processing, spreadsheets, databases, presentations, notes, and desktop publishing.
- Use Microsoft Word to produce written documents (e.g. update resumes, write research paper, create a newsletter)
- Use Microsoft Excel to create spreadsheets to analyze data, to generate charts
- Use Microsoft Publisher to design publications for marketing purpose or personal use
- Use Microsoft OneNote to organize notes in one digital notebook
- Use Microsoft PowerPoint for slide presentations
- Use Microsoft Access to create databases
Microsoft Online provides excellent tutorials on their products and information about shortcut keys.
*(If you cannot view your saved work on your home computer because you don't own Microsoft Office, don't worry. There are free downloads for Word Viewer, Excel Viewer, and PowerPoint Viewer so you can open your documents at home).
- Adobe Illustrator: Software used by design professionals to create vector graphics for logos, banners, web pages, interactive experiences, or layout your entire website.
- Adobe Creative Suite 6 Web and Design Premium: A set of design programs for creating web and print content (available on one of our iMacs).
- Adobe Creative Suite 4 Production Premium: A digital imaging tool used by design professionals. It uses state-of-the-art photography tools to create and refine images.
- Adobe Photoshop Elements: This software is designed for hobbyist photographers. It offers easy-to-use editing options. It supports the creation of photo books, cards, calendars and much more. This software supports using tags, captions and notes to associate information with the photos themselves. Start organizing your photo for archive purpose.
- Microsoft Paint: A drawing tool to create simple drawings. You can also use Paint to view and edit scanned photos.
- Adobe Flash Player
- Adobe Shockwave Player
- Roxio Creator
- Windows Media Player
- Windows Movie Maker: Use this software to create and edit your home movies. Build your movie with a few simple drag-and-drops. Delete bad shots and include only the best scenes.
- Adobe Acrobat X Professional - Use this software to bring multiple files together in a single organized and interactive PDF Portfolio. Use passwords to control access to PDF documents. Use permissions to restrict printing, copying, or altering. Build dynamic forms. Compare PDF documents.
- Epson Scan and ABBYY Fine Reader - Scan a document to a PDF file, convert the file to an editable Word/Excel file or scan an image.
- Boardmaker: Boardmaker is a software program that uses clip art of picture communication symbols which are used in creating printed communication boards, device overlays, worksheets, and schedules. Mayer Johnson has just come out with a new version, and it has much more diversity than previous version. This list is to offer support and ideas to parents, teachers, and SLPs that use it with their children or students. More Information is available at the Children's Lab.
- Skype - Use this software to communicate with peers by voice, video, and instant messaging over the Internet.
- Adobe Creative Suite Web and Design Premium
(At 95th Street) -
- List of Computer Games
- League of Legends 37-42
- Maplestory 37-42
- Minecraft 37-42
- Roblox Player 21, 40-42
- Roblox Studio 21, 40-42
- Skype: 25-29, 31-42
- Adobe After Effects CS4
- Adobe Premier Pro CS4
- Adobe Photoshop CS4
- Adobe Bridge CS4
- Adobe Device Control CS4
- Adobe Drive CS4
- Adobe Encore CS4
- Adobe Extendscript Toolkit CS4
- Adobe Extension Manager CS4
- Adobe Flash Pro CS4
- Adobe Media Encoder CS4
- Adobe on Location CS4
- Adobe Pixel Bender toolkit
- Adobe Soundbooth CS4
- Mocha for After Effects CS4
- Photostory 3