Company & Industry Research
Whether you're conducting market research for a business plan, developing target lists of potential employers or customers, preparing for a job interview, or searching for industry trends and forecasts, the Library offers authoritative sources for timely, accurate, and reliable company and industry information.
Create target lists:
- Find prospective employers, explore your competition, and create opportunities by using AtoZ database. You can search by industry code classifications or select products and services using powerful keyword matches. Other search options include location, employee size, revenue, headquarters, and executive titles.
- Use LexisNexis® Library Express Company Dossier of 45 million companies for designing customized company lists.
Research a company in preparation for a job interview: Do your homework and find the best company and industry information available!
- Find accurate, complete, timely coverage of companies and industries in Business Insights: Essentials, LexisNexis® Library Express, and Plunkett Research Online.
- Find in-depth, up-to-date information and company profiles, as well as SWOT analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats) of major companies in Business Insights: Essentials.
Search for industry information:
- Create custom reports and sales guides using Plunkett Research Online. You’ll also uncover industry trends, statistics, and forecasts, and get vital insights into the trends, technologies, and finances that drive industries and markets.
- Access market research, industry profiles, country and economic reports in Business Insights: Essentials.
- Use LexisNexis® Library Express and Business Insights: Essentials for articles in professional trade publications.
Build your network:
- Develop contact lists of thousands of executives with job titles using AtoZ database and LexisNexis® Library Express.
- Find trade and professional associations in Gale Directory Library and Plunkett Research Online.
Start a business:
- Use AtoZ database to research prospects and prospective clients, collect data and business demographics, evaluate your competition, conduct market research, locate suppliers and vendors, network with other businesses, find investors and venture capitalists, locate subject matter experts, and expand your customer base.
Locate new businesses:
- Identify thousands of new businesses added weekly to the AtoZ database New Businesses database.
- Reach new businesses before you competitors do! You'll find new business filings in Record Information Services.
Explore the global marketplace:
- Use LexisNexis® Library Express to locate and research thousands of international companies.
For more information, or to schedule a one-to-one research session, contact Kent Palmer, Business Librarian, at email@example.com, at 630.637.6328.