Due to overwhelming response to the program on Feb 13th, 2012, here is more information. Keep checking back for more information about drug abuse and sources of help.
Follow-up Drug Education Programs:
- The NapervilleSun promotes “Opening the Door to Heroin: Drugs and Your Community” from 6 to 8 p.m. May 2 at Naperville Presbyterian Church. ** Updated - 4/18/12 **
- District 203 and District 204 hosted two follow-up community meetings in partnership with the Naperville and Aurora Police Departments.
April 5 at 7:00 p.m. at Neuqua Valley High School.
- Coverage by Indian Prairie School District - 204TV.org | "Community Forum on Drugs: 4/05/12"
April 3 at 7:00 p.m. at Naperville North High School.
- Coverage by NapervilleSun - "Forum puts community focus on ‘epidemic’ of heroin use in Naperville"
- View the ABC Channel 7 News brief covering the follow-up presentation; Heroin: Stemming the Tide. This was held on March 12 at 7:00 p.m. at Wheatland Salem Church in Naperville, through a partnership between the Naperville Public Library, the DuPage Child Abuse Prevention Coalition and Wheatland Salem Church.
- Parent Cafe - Facilitated by Claudia Evensen, Rosecrance Director.
- Video Recording of 'The Rising Tide of Heroin Use in Naperville' Presentation
Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3
- Narcotics Impact Presentation by The Naperville Police Department
- How To Keep Your Kids Safe by Kimberly Groll
- Resources from the Library’s collection.
- More than 300 pack Naperville drug forum by Daily Herald
- Police: South Side of Naperville "Ground Zero" for City's Heroin Problem by NapervillePatch
- Heroin talk draws overflow crowd to Naperville library by Naperville Sun