New! Borrow an eReader
Easy to Hold and Easy to Read
Try a New Format for Reading Today!
|Special Services has three eReaders available to check out to Special Services patrons. We’ve selected NOOK Simple Touch™ as our friendly device. |
An eReader allows you to control the size of the text; it opens up a world of books to large print comfort.
eReaders can hold several books on one device. If you have been avoiding lengthy books because they are too heavy to hold, books of all sizes fit on the same lightweight device.
Do you have difficulty turning pages? Pages turn with the brush of a finger.
The Special Services’ NOOKs are pre-loaded with a wide variety of new and interesting titles. You don’t have to own a computer or have internet access to use our Nooks.
There is no charge for checking out a NOOK Simple Touch™.
The Nooks will be periodically updated with new titles. Borrow one often to enjoy our latest titles!
Important things to know:
You must be a Special Services’ cardholder to check out a Special Services’ Nook.
- All Nooks check out for free from your delivery date until your scheduled pick up date. Your volunteer will deliver and pickup the Nook.
- They cannot be renewed.
- Do you visit the library to check out materials? Special Services’ Nooks are only available at Nichols Library. They must be returned to Nichols Library.
- Special Services’ Nooks must be returned to a Nichols Library staff member in person. Please do not use the book drop. A $5.00 fine will be charged if they are returned by book drop.
- Overdue fine is $1.00 per day.
- Replacement fees will be charged for lost or damaged Nooks.
Please call Special Services at 630.961.4100, ext. 6343 to request delivery or place a hold on a Nook.