Manage My Account
How do I log in to my library account?
You can log in to your library account in many ways:
- Online through My Account.
- Via your Phone by calling 630.961.0460.
- Via the Smartphone Catalog.
- Via the PDA/Mobile Catalog
- Visiting the Naperville Public Library and using our in-house library catalog. Note: To protect your privacy, always log out of your account when you are finished.
- Ask a Library staff member for help in person or by phone. If you don't have your Library card, the staff member will verify your identity before providing information.
How do I create a "Login Name"?
- Login to your account using your barcode and PIN
- Click on "edit my profile"
- Enter your login name between 6 -25 alphanumeric characters
How do I get information about my account or my child's account?
Start by clicking on My Account, enter your barcode and your PIN(usually last 4 digits of your phone number) to:
- review/modify your personal information:
- modify PIN, add or change your email address, set your default pick up location, and select how you receive library notices - email and/or text notification, phone notification, or US mail.
- view the items checked out
- view overdue and lost items and outstanding fines.
- renew items
- place holds, see if any items on hold are ready for pick up, change pick-up location, cancel holds on items you no longer need, or suspend your holds when you are out-of-town or on vacation
- create YOUR list of titles and save in My List for future use
- save your preferred searches from the catalog to your account
- opt-in for Reading History to start logging your checked out items
- save your preferred online databases group using My ResearchPro (Research Pro )
- receive up-to-date information about your account(holds, fees and fines) through RSS feed using My Account Feeds
You can also ask a Library staff member for help in person or by phone. If you don't have your Library card, the staff member will verify your identity before providing information. The parent or legal guardian of a child age 18 or younger can get information about the child's account, including titles checked out.
How does the Library protect my privacy?- Confidentiality of Library Borrower Information
- Confidentiality and the PATRIOT Act
- The Naperville Public Library website: Privacy Notice
What is a PIN and why do I need one?
A PIN is a four-digit number you choose when you pick up your Library card or request it online to protect your account.Be sure to keep your PIN private. Never share it over the phone unless you are certain you are speaking with TeleCirc or a Library staff member.
When will I use my PIN?
You will need to know your PIN to:
- Use the self-checkout stations
- Access your account online
- Use online resources
- Download e-books, audiobooks, music and videos
- Access your Library account with TeleCirc
What if I forget my PIN?
You can now recover it with a quick email if you have email address in My Account. Usually your PIN is the last 4-digits of your phone number.