If you have a library card issued by another Illinois Library, you can sign up to be a Reciprocal Borrower.
To apply to be a Reciprocal Borrower, stop by any Library location with the following:
- Your current home library card
- A photo ID
Registered Reciprocal Borrowers will have the same rights and responsibilities as Naperville card holders with these few exceptions (the home Library may provide these services):
- You must have your home library card to check out materials
- You may borrow Audiobooks, Adult fiction DVDs and Blu-Rays for a per use fee
- You may not place holds
- You may not use Interlibrary Loan Services
- You may not access Online Databases remotely (MAY use them at any building)
- You may not check out downloadable materials
Reciprocal borrower privileges are valid for one year or until the expiration date of the home library card, whichever comes first.
A Reciprocal Borrower may purchase Enhanced Services to the Naperville Public Library for an annual fee of $150.00 per individual.
Enhanced Services entitle the Reciprocal Borrower to all the rights and privileges of a Resident Card as outlined in the Policy 210, with the exception of registering for Special services.