Helpful online information for those living with a disability, senior citizens, family members and caregivers.
Living and Working in Naperville
- City of Naperville
- Disabilities and Senior Resources and Links: helpful links provided by the City of Naperville
- Attainable Housing Toolkit, a comprehensive online document containing city, county, state and federal information and housing resources that are available to low- to moderate-income senior citizens and residents with disabilities.
- Autism Speaks Resource Library: links to a variety of articles, books and useful apps.
- AbilityLinks: the job opportunity website for people with disabilities and inclusive employers. This program is offered by Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital.
- Volunteer Opportunities at Naperville Public Library: We love our volunteers!
- Volunteer Opportunities in Dupage County: Giving DuPage is a clearinghouse for volunteer opportunities in DuPage County.
- HURRAH (Happy, Upbeat Retirees (& other) Residents Actively Helping): Volunteer Opportunities with Naperville School District 203
- Dupage Senior Citizens Council: Providing Meals and More
- Voices of Vision Talking Book Center: Voices of Vision is part of a statewide and national network of libraries which provide the talking book and braille service.
- The Illinois Elder Abuse and Neglect Program: Provided by the University of Illinois Extension
- Illinois Family Caregiver Support Program
- The Illinois Department on Aging's Circuit Breaker program provides grants to senior citizens and persons with disabilities to help them reduce the impact of taxes and prescription medications on their lives.
- Developmental Disability: Provided by the Illinois Department of Human Services
- Everyday Life Skill Lessons: Provided by GCF Learnfreee.org
- How to Select a Nursing Home: Provided by the Illinois Department of Public Health
- Alzheimer's Association: Greater Illinois Chapter
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
- National Institute of Health SeniorHealth: This easy-to-use website features basic health and wellness information for older adults from the National Institutes of Health.
- Health and Aging Organizations Online Directory: This online, searchable database lists more than 300 national organizations that provide help to older people.
- Medicare and Medicaid Services: Provided by the U.S. Department of Heath and Human Services
- Funeral Planning: Funeralplan.com is a free consumer information site about funeral planning and the funeral industry.
- Hospice and more: Provided by MySenior Care