INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING AN APPLICATION PACKET
FOR EMPLOYMENT WITH NAPERVILLE PUBLIC LIBRARY
- Fill out and return the entire application packet including resume, cover letter, names of supervisors, telephone numbers, addresses, duties performed, etc. A notation “See Resume” or“See Attached” is not acceptable. Do not include personal information, such as a picture, age, date of birth, gender, marital status, number of children, religion, medical condition, etc.
- You may apply for up to three (3) exact job titles (i.e. Adult Services Librarian, Webmaster, Circulation Associate, etc) on one application. A job description for the job title(s) for which you are applying is available for your review.
- Any documentation submitted with your application packet becomes the property of Naperville Public Library and cannot be returned to you. Proof of highest level of formal education, certifications, accreditations, etc. and any other information specifically requested in the job announcement must be provided at the time of application.
- No application packet will be reviewed until AFTER the closing date for each job advertisement. Any application packet received after the closing date will not be considered for that advertised vacancy. It will, however, be kept on file for 60 days for that same job title vacancy.
- Application packets remain active for a period of 60 days. After the 60-day period, you must complete a new application packet. We do not update or review inactive application packets.
- An incomplete application packet or misleading information may disqualify you from consideration at any time during our selection process. Qualifications will be evaluated based on the information you provide us in your application packet. The amount of experience and education you have and the way you describe them will determine how far you advance in the recruitment process.
- Since we may have questions about your application packet and for confidentiality, please return your completed application packet to the Human Resources Department only.