Welcome to Computer Services
We have three dedicated adult/student computer labs plus separate Children’s Labs so everyone has access in an environment suitable to their needs.
Each computer lab has access to our Online Databases, Available Software, as well as the ability to Print, Scan and Fax. Stop in to any of our computer labs today and our staff will be happy to assist you and answer your technical questions. Computer Classes and One-to-One Assistance are offered on a regular basis to provide more in-depth learning.
For specific information regarding Internet access, please view our Internet Policy.
You will need a device equipped with a compatible wireless network card. Simply connect to the SSID NapervillePublicLibrary and you’re all set. For more tips on using our wireless Internet, click on Wi-Fi.
Help Hints on Using the Computer Labs
- OUR LAB IS OPEN: You don't need a library card to use our computers. Just pick a computer and you can sit down and start using it.
- SOFTWARE: We have free professional software like Microsoft Office and Adobe Photoshop, and adaptive software for use by the visually and hearing impaired. For more information, check Available Software.
- PRINTING: Printing costs $0.10 per page for black & white; and color printing costs $0.25 per page.
- COMPUTER ASSISTANCE: The Computer lab Staff offers assistance with using programs and solving technical difficulties.
- SAVING YOUR WORK: When creating your own documents, save your work often. Our computers automatically remove all work when the computer reboots, so please save your files to a flash drive, CD, or an e-mail attachment.
- CD: We have blank CDs for sale for $1.