Sign Up for Notices by Email/Text/Phone/U.S. Mail
Your choices for notices about your Library account:
- Email notification
- Text notification via cell phone
- TeleCirc (automated phone messages)
- U.S. Mail
Login to My Account and click on Modify Personal Info to make your selection or call the Customer Services Desk at 630.961.4100.
Why am I not getting my email notices?
Many email services (such as Gmail, Yahoo, EarthLink and AOL) have settings that can stop you from receiving email notices from the Library. Please make sure your spam or junk mail folder is set to accept messages from email@example.com. For more information check the Help section on your email provider's Web site.
It is easy to sign up!
- Create a contact on your phone, and enter the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Text the keyword "SIGNUP+yourlibrarycard+pin" to the contact created above. Use your personal library card number and pin as well as the + sign and no spaces. (Example: Signup+21318001234567+4321)
- After a successful registration, you will receive two text messages: One asking you to provide your email address; the second indicating which of the available services are active/inactive. Providing your email address is optional.
Opt in or out of any features
Text the highlighted keywords from the table below to email@example.com.
|Features||Description of Features|
|HOLDS||Text HOLDS to opt in or out. |
Text HL to see a list of your items available for pickup.
|OVERDUE||Text OVERDUE to opt in or out. |
Text OL to view a list of overdue items and OA to renew all.
|COURTESY/RENEW||Text RENEW to opt in or out. |
Text RL to view a list of items due soon and RA to renew all.
|RESEND||Text RESEND to view messages from the last 3 days.|
|NOTICES||Text NOTICES to view the current status of all the Opt in/out notices.|
|ADDCARD||Text ADDCARD+yourlibrarycard+pin to receive text alerts for another card within your family.|
Use your personal card number and pin as well as the + sign and no spaces. (Example: AddCard+21318001234567+4321)
|DROPCARD||Text DROPCARD to end text alerts for a specific library card,.|
|MYCARDS||Text MYCARDS to view all family cards, .|
|IOWEU||Text IOWEU to view the current total fee/fines for each of the registered barcodes.|
|ANNOUNCEMENTS||Text ANNOUNCEMENTS to subscribe to library announcements.|
|NEWPASS||Text NEWPASS+yourlibrarycard+pin if you change the PIN number for a specific library account, to update your account with the text notification service.|
|SWITCHPHONE||Text SWITCHPHONE to switch to a different phone.|
|STOP||Text STOP to quit the service.|
NOTE: There is no charge from the Library for this service, however you may see a charge for incoming text messages at the standard rate applied by your cell phone carrier, depending on your plan or package.
What is TeleCirc?
The Library's Telephone Circulation System - or TeleCirc - is available 24 hours a day to help you access your account information. It also sends you telephone messages about overdue items or items placed on hold that are ready for pick up.
How do I use it?
To call TeleCirc, have your Library card number and PIN ready, then call 630.961.0460. You can renew each item by entering the item's barcode.
- Renew items
- Find out what holds are available for pickup
- Learn if you have fines
- Hear a list of checked out items