Borrowing from LINKin Libraries
Rapid Delivery of Library Materials
What is LINKin?
LINKin is a resource sharing partnership between Naperville Public Library, Arlington Heights Memorial Library, Cook Memorial Public Library, Deerfield Public Library, Elmhurst Public Library, Gail Borden Public Library, Skokie Public Library, Waukegan Public Library and Wheaton Public Library.
LINKin service provides NPL card holders quick access to the collection of all partner libraries when items are not owned by the Naperville Public Library or are checked out. Currently there are over 500,000 unique items in the LINKin Libraries system that Naperville Public Library do not own but are accessible by Naperville Public Library cardholders at no cost.
How does LINKin work?For no charge, NPL cardholders can use LINKin to request items that are checked out or not owned by Naperville Public Library. Please bear in mind that certain materials such as new or special collections, newspapers, magazines and Nooks are excluded from LINKin services and will not be available for request.
- Search the Naperville Public Library catalog to see if the item is available for checkout.
- If the item is not available, click on the red Search LINKin Partner Libraries icon to transfer your search to the LINKin catalog.
- If a partner library has the item, the LINKin catalog will display the item record, the libraries that own it, and a Request this Item link.
- If the item shows that it's available, click on the Request this Item link.
- From the drop-down menu, select Naperville Public Library, and click on the Submit above information button.
- Type your name and barcode number in the designated fields, select your desired pickup location, and click the Submit button.
- The catalog will display "your request was successful" and the transaction is complete. You will be notified when the item is ready for pickup (typically 7 days from date of submission).
From the LINKin Library catalog: Search the LINKin library catalog to see what's in the entire collection. Follow the same procedure as above to request items!
How long can I check out the materials from LINKin libraries?
Books and audiobooks can be checked out for four weeks with one 2-week renewal allowed. DVDs can be checked out for 1 week with one 1-week renewal allowed. Renewals are allowed if there are no holds on the items. Overdue fees will be charged at the same rate as Naperville Public Library late fees.There is a limit of 35 items including checked out, requested and items being returned to the lending library.
More questions? Contact the following service desks:
95th Street Adult Services 630-961-4100 ext. 4941
95th Street Customer Services 630-961-4100 ext. 4921
95th Street Children's Services 630-961-4100 ext. 4961