Reserve A Room
Can I rent the meeting rooms for any functions?
You can rent our meeting rooms for educational, informational, cultural, and civic functions.
The meeting rooms may not be used for:
- Social gatherings such as receptions, showers, birthday parties, dances, mixers.
- Meetings organized by a political candidate or by an organization formed specifically for a candidate or an issue. Political meetings with a less specific focus are permitted. Meeting agendas may be requested prior to booking confirmation.
- Programs or gatherings which present a clear and present danger to the welfare of the participants, Library staff, patrons, or the community.
- Programs which would disturb Library patrons, impede Library staff, endanger the Library building or interfere with the functions of the Library.
Can I Reserve A Room? YES... if you
- are 18 years or older, have a Naperville Library card free of fines and fees.
- are 18 years or older, have registered your home library card to become a reciprocal borrower and if your library account is free of fines and fees.
- are making a reservation on behalf of your organization.
To reserve a meeting room at any of the three libraries, you must complete The Application for Use of Library Meeting Room form and return it to the Finance Department at the Naper Blvd. Library, 2035 South Naper Blvd. Reservations are considered tentative until the application and payment are received, and the reservation is confirmed. Download the Application for Use of Library Meeting Room form.
How far in advance may I reserve a meeting room?
Meeting rooms may be reserved only for dates during the current month and the next three months. Reservations should be completed as far in advance as possible. All fees must be received at least ten days prior to the date of the reservations. Requests will be honored on a first-come, first- served basis; however, the Library may cancel any meeting when warranted.
What are the cancellation and refund rules?
Should you or your group need to cancel your reservation for a scheduled meeting room, you must:
- have the original applicant contact the Finance Department at 630-961-4100 ext. 2220.
- submit the notice of cancellation no later than seventy-two (72) hours before the scheduled event.
- Refunds will not be made for cancellations with less than seventy-two (72) hours advance notice unless cancelled by the Library.
The Naperville Public Library has first priority for use of all of its facilities and meeting rooms and reserves the right to cancel any meeting or reservation due to unforeseen circumstances. In such rare instances, the Library will make every reasonable effort to help you reserve another date or Library meeting room.The Library reserves the right to stop meetings that are disruptive to normal Library operations or other programming events. No refunds will be issued.
Are there restrictions in the use of the meeting rooms?
- The Library cannot accept messages for you or your guests, and you may not list The Naperville Public Library phone numbers in publicity materials or as contact numbers for information about your event.
- Organizations may not use the Library for ongoing operational activities. No more than two events per week may be scheduled. You may not use the name, address or telephone number of the Library except for notifying attendees of the location of the meeting.
- All groups of persons under 18 years of age must be under direct and constant supervision by adults who will assume responsibility for the group’s activities.
- Extended, or non-permit, parking is provided in the City’s parking garages. The Library makes no special allowances for parking beyond the posted limits set by the City of Naperville.
- Tables and chairs may not block room access or emergency exits.
- No patron-supplied tables or chairs are allowed.
- Use of any flames is prohibited, including matches, candles, incense, sterno, etc.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the building or within 30 feet of the entrances or air intakes.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted anywhere in the facilities or on Library property.
- Use of hazardous materials and/or weapons is not permitted