Become a Volunteer
- Volunteers must be in grade nine or above.
- Volunteers must successfully complete a volunteer application and skills assessment.
- Volunteer opportunities do not require a current Naperville Public Library card.
- Volunteer tasks and schedules vary. Specific departments may require a background check.
Fill out a Naperville Public Library Volunteer Application and Skills Assessment Form onsite and return to the desk prior to leaving the library. The library strives to place every applicant; however, volunteer opportunities are limited. Volunteers will be contacted by as opportunities become available and scheduled as needed.
The form is available at:
- Nichols Library upper level Information Desk
- Naper Blvd Library Adult Services Desk
- 95th Street Library Adult Services Desk
MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD! Join the Teen Advisory Group (TAG)
The TAG Team is a group of teens in grades 6-12 who work together with Teen Librarians to make Naperville Public Library a better place for teens. Want to let the Library know how we can make our services better for you and your friends? Join TAG!
Note: At this time, only Nichols Library is accepting new members to the TAG Team.
TAG members attend monthly meetings. They provide input on various topics, like:
- What activities are important for the Library to have
- What books, music, and magazines do you want the library to offer
- Suggestions for Teen spaces
TAG members can:
- Earn Community Service Hours
- Make New Friends
- Develop Leadership Skills
If you are interested, please print the Teen Advisory Group application form, and turn in the completed form to the Adult Services Desk at the location you would like to apply at. Please note that TAG Team members must have valid Naperville Public Library cards.